About Our Centers
The Orthotic & Prosthetic Centers provides orthotic, prosthetic, and pediatric services to the Greater Boston Area, South Shore MA, Cape Cod and the Islands. We also see patients in Rhode Island at our office in North Smithfield.
At The Orthotic & Prosthetic Centers we work in collaboration with physicians, therapists and other healthcare professionals to service pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Because of our partnership with a leading manufacturer of orthotic and prosthetic devices, we have the ability to bring a full spectrum of services dedicated to meeting the needs of our patients.
We currently have four convenient offices located in:
• North Smithfield, RI
• West Yarmouth
Please contact us to make an appointment:
We have a collaboration with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Network, where we provide orthotics and prosthetic care to both inpatients and outpatients.
Our centers are accredited by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics; the Board of Certification in Othotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics and the National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education.
In addition, our centers are accredited by The American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics. This credentialing organization was founded in 1948 to promote the welfare of physically challenged individuals by establishing qualified standards for orthotic and prosthetic practitioners and to advance the highest levels of competency and ethics in the practice of orthotics and prosthetics. The standards of this accreditation require us to ensure our patients the highest quality of care and technology available. All our practitioners have obtained board certification in their field from the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics.
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Centers, LLC, Fabrication Department, brings expert craftsmanship to the fabrication of custom lower and upper extremity orthotics and prosthetics. Our team of American Board Certified Orthotists / Prosthetists and technicians ensure precision manufactured orthotics and prosthetics that use the most advanced lightweight materials and computerized advancements in the industry today.
Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Director of Operations, the Fabrication Technician will provide technical function that completes or helps complete the fabrication of orthotic and prosthetic devices.
This position requires the willingness to gain experience in fabrication, machine tool operation, assembly, and production in a fast paced environment. Support production efforts with a broad range of activities from moving and setting up equipment, reading and interpreting individualized orders, fabrication, molding, and inspection. Be able to learn how to utilize materials to fabricate Orthotic and Prosthetic devices including plaster modifications, metal bending, plastic thermoforming, leatherwork and lamination.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to work with hand tools and be detail oriented. This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time including the flexibility of bending, stooping and reaching. Must be able to visually review quality of ongoing work is necessary. Manual dexterity and good eye/hand coordination in the fabrication process.
Knowledge of computer skills including windows, outlook, and excel preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a multi-project, multi-deadline environment. Excellent communication and ability to work with others. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. We are looking to “mold” the right individual for long term growth.
Essential Responsibilities / Key Tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of orthotic braces and the relationship of job functions to the fabrication process
- Assists in preparing the work area for daily production; replenishment of supplies/materials as needed
- Understands usage and has the ability to comfortably utilize small hand tools; drills, heat gun, etc.
- Accurately aligns and fastens Velcro strapping closures as appropriate
- Receives customer order forms and accurately reads specifications seeking out clarification or additional information as needed
- Understands the need for, and ensures that, the Supervisor approves all braces prior to sending out
- Obtains interpretation and determination of trim lines from Supervisor or Senior Technician
- Selects appropriate material and accurately heat form molds
- Participates in Quality Control initiatives as assigned
- Actively participates in the company-wide safety program following all policies, procedures and instructions including the use of personal protective equipment
- Actively participates in staff development programs using information to support professional growth
- Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisor or Senior Technician
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation package including Vacation, Sick, and paid holidays. Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident Plans, Hospital/Cancer/Critical Illness Plans, Car Insurance Discounts, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Accidental Death and Dismemberment.