The Orthotic & Prosthetic Centers, LLC, provides orthotic, prosthetic, and pedorthic services to the Greater Boston Area, South Shore MA, Cape Cod and the Islands, and North Smithfield, Rhode Island. We are seeking an experienced Certified Orthotist with a demonstrated track record of leadership, relationship building skills and self-motivation. This position requires evaluation and management of patients of all ages including trauma related services, hospital, skilled nursing facility and home visit related services. Our clinicians and staff collaborate with physicians, therapists and other healthcare professionals, who enjoy and take pride in improving the lives of our patients.
As a Certified Orthotist, you will demonstrate high integrity, and focus on superior outcomes for your patients. You will provide expertise in the review and evaluation of customer order specifications, x-rays and patient diagnoses. The ideal candidate will oversee all stages of design, fabrication, fitting and maintenance of prosthetic devices related to patients’ needs, as indicated by a physician. Specifically, you will demonstrate high standards in the following duties:
- Ability to process patient documentation and ordering through OPIE management software with time management mindset.
- Full awareness of Medicare requirements to complete documentation with compliance.
- Maintain accurate documentation to clearly define goals, issues and solutions for each patient.
- Provide administrative staff with information to achieve reimbursement goals.
- Be familiar with a variety of evaluation/fabrication techniques including metal, plastics, carbon, silicone, and structure scan™, Smart Soc™ and others as required.
- Handle pediatric, adult and trauma related services, which often require extension of a work day to fulfill job requirements.
- Timely deliveries as required by our referral sources.
- Rotating on-call schedule.
- Willingness to provide hospital, clinic and home visit related services, which require the usage of a personal vehicle and related clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. and sometimes greater throughout the work day/week for patient evaluation and periodic contributions with modification and fabrication in lab setting.
- Follow up with providers on final product facilitating changes and modifications as needed.
- Conduct in-service to technical staff in understanding relationship of diagnoses to orthopedic
- Actively participate in the company-wide safety program using protective equipment in areas where it is required and following all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job duties as assigned (other assigned duties may include change in job functions on a temporary or permanent basis to ensure optimum production levels. Individuals will be provided with appropriate orientation, in service and training to ensure successful transitioning.)
- Internal drive for creation of a well-designed orthotic equipment for positive patient outcomes and documentation of evidence based results.
- A practitioner local to the South Shore area with a well-respected reputation is preferred but not required.
The above duties require the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time including the flexibility of bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to visually review and assess x-rays, customer order specifications and follow fabrication process.
Your Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in providing orthotic services under the supervision of a certified practitioner.
- Must have current registration by the American Board for Certification
- Experience with OPIE software preferred
What We Offer You
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Outstanding health insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, including traditional and Roth options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Company-paid life, disability, and accident insurance
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com