The Orthotic and Prosthetic Centers, LLC, Fabrication Department, brings expert craftsmanship to the fabrication of custom lower and upper extremity orthotics and prosthetics. Our team of American Board Certified Orthotists / Prosthetists and technicians ensure precision manufactured orthotics and prosthetics that use the most advanced lightweight materials and computerized advancements in the industry today.
Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Director of Operations, the Fabrication Technician will provide technical function that completes or helps complete the fabrication of orthotic and prosthetic devices.
This position requires the willingness to gain experience in fabrication, machine tool operation, assembly, and production in a fast paced environment. Support production efforts with a broad range of activities from moving and setting up equipment, reading and interpreting individualized orders, fabrication, molding, and inspection. Be able to learn how to utilize materials to fabricate Orthotic and Prosthetic devices including plaster modifications, metal bending, plastic thermoforming, leatherwork and lamination.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The ability to work with hand tools and be detail oriented. This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time including the flexibility of bending, stooping and reaching. Must be able to visually review quality of ongoing work is necessary. Manual dexterity and good eye/hand coordination in the fabrication process.
Knowledge of computer skills including windows, outlook, and excel preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a multi-project, multi-deadline environment. Excellent communication and ability to work with others. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. We are looking to “mold” the right individual for long term growth.
Essential Responsibilities /Key Tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of orthotic braces and the relationship of job functions to the fabrication process
- Assists in preparing the work area for daily production; replenishment of supplies/materials as needed
- Understands usage and has the ability to comfortably utilize small hand tools; drills, heat gun, etc.
- Accurately aligns and fastens Velcro strapping closures as appropriate
- Receives customer order forms and accurately reads specifications seeking out clarification or additional information as needed
- Understands the need for, and ensures that, the Supervisor approves all braces prior to sending out
- Obtains interpretation and determination of trim lines from Supervisor or Senior Technician
- Selects appropriate material and accurately heat form molds
- Participates in Quality Control initiatives as assigned
- Actively participates in the company-wide safety program following all policies, procedures and instructions including the use of personal protective equipment
- Actively participates in staff development programs using information to support professional growth
- Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisor or Senior Technician
Salary commensurate with experience.
What We Offer You
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Outstanding health insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match, including traditional and Roth options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Company-paid life, disability, and accident insurance
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org